does anyone remember that turd? basically Zero Hour was supposed to fix all the crazy continuity that poor editing / managing / writing for decades had created. all kinds of alternate futures, pasts, presents. ugh.
Wikipedia had this to say:
It promised to do for the inconsistent future timelines of the DC Universe what Crisis had done for its parallel worlds: unify them into a new one.
well, good luck with that.
but this isn’t about that. this is about a different kind of zero hour. about a month and a half ago, i wrote about my new email policy which i called an email zero hour. basically, restarting the clock on my inbox.
i completely caught up. and i’ve vowed to keep up by acting on all new mail within 3 days. also i no longer store everything on my machine. i’ve been popping mail down from my gmail account, while leaving an archive of it on the google servers. so i was just eating up tons and tons of hard disk by keeping mail that i never really ever went back to and that i already had a copy of somewhere else. pretty silly, right?
i reply faster now. i delete locally now. i’ve started clearing out the archives, too. its just boat loads of crap in there that i have no idea why i think i’d ever need it.
all along while doing that i had planned on doing a weblog zero hour, too. there are always these little things that i wanna blog about that i see on the webba or that we do or that i hear someone say, but i don’t feel right blogging those little things when i have all these bigger more important things that i’ve been planning on writing about forever. FOR. EV. ER.
so this is the start of the Weblog Zero Hour. here’s a teaser of the shape of posts to come.
- copy what you like
- the answer to the hint
- everything burns bright when its new
- 1000 number paintings and the million dollar website
- elegant universe
- gmail help straight dissing me
- ev, i♥4
- social networks of the future? look no further than…
- salt lake city planetarium
- ev-sb date recaps
- seattle mariners baseball game against the giants
- $20 parking
- i guarengodamnfuckentee it
- tags, categories, wordpress and technorati
- re: vk. i’m a big dumb dummy
- my dad is a dead beat
- emily stapzka. i’m sorry
- a whole series of very public apoligies
- good time. bad times. haunt me. looking back.
- timone was a good dog
- godzilla was too
- my friends are my family. they’ve saved my life many times over.
- trial reunion show trip (yes, i’m still planning on finishing this)
- sxsw goodies
- the problems i have, catholic guilt and penance
- new theme
- kern hoodie
- comiccon recap
- tufte, new project, listyourlist and dashboards
- upcoming project redesign
- batting cage
looks like i’ve got my work cut out for me. so i’m off…
Currently playing in iTunes: All Falls Down by Kanye West
Originally published at: http://sbb.me/b3hK1