A couple days late, but here we go.
Out with the old. I have this general feeling from lots of friends that 2009 was not a great year for them. I tend to agree. When I think about my past 12 months, I get a feeling of… meh. But when I try to articulate why it was so bad, I’m reminded of the really great stuff too. Here’s some of the highlights.
- I didn’t have a job the whole year and still got by OK
- I went to Chile for a month in February
- I got rid of most of my possessions fitting everything I own into my van
- I travelled the USA for four months
- I saw old friends from Atlanta (and elsewhere) for the first time in several years
- I made new friends all over the country and in other countries
- I got a new laptop, 2 cameras and phone
- I turned 30
- My dog, Civ, turned 9
- I got rid of all but 1 of my cameras
- I continued The Resistance Army with Bookis
- I started Less Than Three with Bookis and Tj
- I met and started dating Stacey
Not all bad. Actually pretty decent. But I still feel like I wasn’t very happy or fulfilled. So that’s this year’s plan: bust ass, get lots done, feel good about myself.
This is a more detailed list of goals, what some people call resolutions. (Originally published at ListYourList.)
Let’s call them Goals, because you’re on your way once you set your goals.
- Get out of debt
- Get a job
- Get a house
- Build a wild edibles map app… or enlist someone else to
- Build a dam wiki… or enlist someone else to
- Sell 30 shirts / month
- Publish 6 issues of a new online magazine
- Get an activity stream aggregator / publisher working
- Never burn another CD or DVD
- Read at least one book / month
- Get to TODO ZERO at least once
- Stay put, don’t travel so much
Twenty Ten, The Year of Personal Jet-packs, my personal Year of Hustle. Get into it.
Originally published at: http://sbb.me/b43X1